BoothCentral Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: October 8, 2020
BoothCentral is an event management and digital event platform that provides the tools and technology for promoters, organizations and merchants to set up a digital event (also commonly referred to as a virtual event) and invite guests to attend. These events range from social gatherings to conferences, to webinars and commerce-related activities where users can engage in live video, audio, and text conversations with promoters, vendors, organizations, and other guests. While we believe the free and open exchange of ideas and topics is a key tenet of digital events, there are some activities that are incompatible with BoothCentral’s mission to make digital events better for everyone. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes activities that are prohibited in connection with your use of the BoothCentral Services.
“Services” has the meaning set out in the BoothCentral Terms of Service
“Materials” means any photo, image, video, graphic, written content, audio file, code, information, data or other content uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your Account.
The following activities are prohibited:
- Events marketed to children under the age of 13: BoothCentral is a family-friendly platform and would welcome you to host your event using our Services with the expectation that the event is marketed towards parents facilitating the event participation alongside their children. The FTC has regulations in place to protect children online through the Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA imposes certain requirements on web-based platforms directed to children under 13 years of age, and on online platforms that are knowingly collecting personal information from a child under 13 years of age. BoothCentral does not yet have the policies and procedures in place to comply with COPPA fully. As such, if you plan to host an event where the audience may include children under the age of 13, you must invite parents to register and login to our platform and they must provide parental supervision for their children.
- Child exploitation: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials that exploit or abuse children, including but not limited to images or depictions of child abuse or sexual abuse, or that present children in a sexual manner.
- Harassment, bullying, defamation and threats: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that harass, bully, defame or threaten a specific individual.
- Hateful content: You may not use the Services to promote or condone hate or violence against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other forms of discriminatory intolerance. You may not use the Services to promote or support organizations, platforms or people that: (i) promote or condone such hate; or (ii) threaten or condone violence to further a cause.
- Illegal activities: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that contravene or that facilitate or promote activities that contravene, the laws of the jurisdictions in which you operate or do business.
- Intellectual property: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that infringe on the copyright or trademarks of others.
- Malicious and deceptive practices: You may not use the Services to transmit malware or host phishing pages. You may not perform activities or upload or distribute Materials that harm or disrupt the operation of the Services or other infrastructure of BoothCentral or others, including BoothCentral’s third party providers. You may not use the Services for deceptive commercial practices or any other illegal or deceptive activities.
- Personal, confidential, and protected health information: You may not post or upload any Materials that contain personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorized to provide such consent. You may not use the Services to collect, store, or process any protected health information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), any applicable health privacy regulation or any other applicable law governing the processing, use, or disclosure of protected health information.
- Self-harm: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that promote self-harm.
- Spam: You may not use the Services to transmit unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- Terrorist organizations: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organization.
We may, at any time and without notice, remove any Materials, and suspend or terminate your Account or your access to the Services if you engage in activities that violate the letter or spirit of this AUP, including activities outside of your use of the Services.
BoothCentral has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate any Materials and your use of the Services at any time for compliance with this AUP and the BoothCentral Terms of Service, or any other agreement between you and BoothCentral governing your use of the Services (collectively, the “Terms”). Our determination of whether a violation of this AUP has occurred will be final and binding, and any action taken with respect to enforcing this AUP, including taking no action at all, will be at our sole discretion.
BoothCentral may modify this AUP at any time by posting a revised version at https://boothcentral.com/acceptable-use-policy/. By continuing to use the Services or access your Account after a revised version of the AUP has been posted, you agree to comply with the latest version of the AUP. In the event of a conflict between the AUP and the Terms, this AUP will take precedence, but only to the extent required to resolve such conflict. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this AUP shall have the meanings set forth in the Terms.
If you feel that a user of the Services has violated this AUP, please contact us at https://boothcentral.com/contact/