Customer Support Specialist
We are building our customer support team! Do you love helping others? Have a knack for solving technical problems? Looking to supplement your income instead of watching Netflix from the comfort of your own computer? This job might be for you!
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
The Customer Support Specialist helps ensure that BoothCentral users (promoters, vendors, and attendees) have a positive experience using the platform. They provide helpful, positive, and timely assistance to promoters and vendors as well as attendees of virtual events via live chat and email. You must enjoy solving problems, especially for the purpose of helping others.
To effectively accomplish the role as stated above, the following responsibilities will be required.
- Monitor and be ready to answer live chat support requests.
- Troubleshooting and customer support with people who have a variety of levels of technical understanding.
- Patient interaction with customers in every situation.
- Continual growth in understanding the BoothCentral platform, including new features as they are added.
- Document high-level summaries of BoothCentral events.
- Ability to understand when support tickets should be escalated.
- Help customers update their information on the BoothCentral platform.
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- Experience in a Customer Service role
- Ability to clearly communicate step by step instructions
- Proficient with computers and mobile devices, both in using them as well as troubleshooting basic system problems.
- Experience interacting with videos and live chat on a computer and mobile device.
- Flexible schedule that allows for work primarily on the evenings and weekends.
- Proficient typing speed
The following experience is also desired:
- Familiarity with with the event business
- Experience in using an online Customer Support platform
- Familiarity with Google Docs
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a part-time position with hourly pay.
- Must have evening and weekend availability
- About 8 to 16 hours per week, possibly more if desired.
- Responsive on email, phone, text and Slack
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to ask excellent questions and listen actively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills